Now Hiring Police Officers
Welcome to the East Spencer Police Department’s recruitment webpage. We are looking for men and women who thrive on challenges and pride themselves in serving others, and are willing to work hard to learn the necessary skills for this challenging but critical role.
Becoming a police officer can be a tough, demanding and unpredictable job, but it is also one of the most rewarding positions you will ever have. All East Spencer Police employees are held to the highest standards of professional conduct, which is essential to maintaining the trust of the community they serve.
Opportunities are available for qualified individuals capable of meeting the demands and standards of an exciting career in law enforcement.
All applicants for the East Spencer Police Department must:
- Be 21 years old upon date of employment.
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development Test indicating high school equivalency.
- Have successfully completed Basic Law Enforcement Training and passed the BLET state exam.
- Not have committed or been convicted of:
- A felony; or
- A crime for which the punishment could have been imprisonment for more than two years; or
- A crime or unlawful act defined as a “Class B misdemeanor” within the five-year period prior to the date of application for employment; or
- Four or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as “Class B misdemeanors” regardless of the date of conviction; or
- Four or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as “Class A misdemeanors” except the applicant may be employed if the last conviction occurred more than two years prior to the date of application for employment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in starting a career with the East Spencer Police Department, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you!
East Spencer Police Department
John H. Fewell, Jr.
Chief of Police
105 S. Long St.
East Spencer, NC 28039