The Town of East Spencer has been awarded $494,299.74 from the American Rescue Plan. The total amount awarded for this fiscal year is $247,149.87.
These funds can be broadly used for specific items for the town, but should follow the below guidance.
- Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet
With the first installment of funding, the Town will use the funds as described below:
Currently the Town is planning for the second installment of funding that will happen in mid 2022. Residents are encouraged to contact their Council members should they have any suggestions on how best to appropriate these funds.